Friday, June 15, 2012

When will this end...



 I'm wondering if anyone else has had this occurrence:

My almost 3 year old little girl has never been the type to sleep in our bed. I tried when she was an infant, begged as she got older, even tried to bring her to our bed after she fell asleep. Never. Never would she ever want to sleep in our bed. Matter of fact, she'd never sleep anywhere unless she was in her car seat or in her crib/toddler bed with her lullaby CD playing or a movie on (I know, boo on the TV). 
So, here we are, almost 3 years and now she's at that age where I just find myself counting down the minutes til bedtime because I need a break. Aaaaand of course, she all the sudden wants nothing to do with her bed or bedroom, at bedtime, or at all during the night. OK, or even the morning, ha.

It doesn't matter; even if she ends up being so tired she does fall asleep in her room, at some point, I wake up with her in my bed. And I'm even holding her in my sleep - she's good
Some nights, we even experience what we call "night terrors". It seems she'll wake up in her bed, start screaming and crying, comes to our bed, and then doesn't want any consoling or anything of that sort. To us, it seems as if she is still sleeping. Takes her about 5-10 minutes to let her wake up on her own and stop the "fit". Then she's all the sudden back to her normal self and calms down almost immediately. Usually, one of us can take her back to bed, but then she just ends up in our room, again. I've even found her in the morning, under an extra blanket that was on the floor at the foot of my bed. She is very determined!

I'm not quite sure if this is the norm, if most toddlers do this, and what it is that I may need to do, if anything at all, or even if we may be doing something wrong. 

Of course, both babes have been staying up until the wee hours of morning, maybe even until 4am. And then they expect to sleep all afternoon. It sure is difficult to try and finagle two toddlers into a schedule once it has gotten to be so swapped.

 Anyone else experience this? What has your experiences been? I'm rather curious. :)

Keep yourself happy,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...