Monday, July 16, 2012

Proverbs 31 'wife'

I know it seems as if I do not blog very often...perhaps it is because within the last month, our life has become insanely busy? Perhaps because after I am done with homework/writing for my college courses, I want to be away from the computer, or maybe it is because I read so many fabulous blogs each day that I feel I am just boring compared to these women and their marvelous blogs? For whatever reason, it may be a day or so, or even not, between blog posts, but I am here, I am very active within my blogging circles and I really do enjoy it. 

Speaking of a wonderful blog that I read: Melissa from The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife posted on her blog yesterday and as I read it, I felt compelled. Compelled to not only tell why I felt it necessary to share her blog post, but also to explain why this also hits very close to home if not exactly hitting the nail on the head!

Melissa explains that if one word were to be chosen to describe her, the first word that immediately came to mind was: Wife. She then shared Proverbs 31..If you are not familiar, this is it:


A wife of noble character who can find?

    She is worth far more than rubies.

Her husband has full confidence in her
    and lacks nothing of value. 
She brings him good, not harm,
    all the days of her life.
She selects wool and flax
    and works with eager hands. 
She is like the merchant ships,
    bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still night;
    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants.
She considers a field and buys it;
    out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously;
    her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable,
    and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff
    and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
She opens her arms to the poor
    and extends her hands to the needy. 
When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
    for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
She makes coverings for her bed;
    she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
Her husband is respected at the city gate,
    where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them,
    and supplies the merchants with sashes.
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue. 
She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.”
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Ahh! So true! I loved the reminder of Proverbs 31 that she posted. I loved reading about another woman proud of the wife she feels she was born to be. That's me...that. is. me. too! I know it. I was sooo born to be a wife. A mother, yes, of course...but a wife..I wanted that, too! I always wanted to be a wife. I was raised by one of the strongest, and boy, do I mean strongest, wives I've ever known. I couldn't wait to be The Woman of the Home. I watched as my mother ran a home, 6 months out of the year for many years of my youth, whilst my father was overseas in the Navy. She did so much. I never witnessed any argument or any complaining from her, either. I think back to it now and realize that my mother was teaching me so much about being a great wife and I never even realized it.

Mr.B. & I on the Jacksonville Beach Pier
 while 8 months pregnant with Brooklyn.
When I met Mr. B., I knew I would one day be his wife. Almost immediately. If it wasn't for the distance between us (17 hours, 1100 miles), it would have been immediately. It's funny to me...sometimes I've often times thought to myself how great he is as a husband and I never give myself any credit for what kind of wife I may be. He tells me how great I am and he praises me often; I've never paid it much attention, for I've always felt guilty for not doing enough, more, & better. Anything I ever think, breath, dream or do, I do with him in mind...yearning to always make him happy and feeling like has made the right choice by committing to me for the rest of his life. Our commitment, I feel, it based on our love & spirituality we share for each other. I love feeling like it is my place in life to help him to feel happy & loved. I've always had a nurturing disposition...much like mothering, I feel like  wife'ing is just the same. Although, in our relationship, being submissive to an extent is something we also value. I love running our household and making sure everything is in order, organized, prepared, cleaned, etc...but I also love to make sure he wears the pants. Yes..he wears them, but I pick them out, wash them, mend them, iron them, and sometimes help take them off. 

What's so great in our relationship is that as much of the marvelous wife I aim to be...I'm rewarded perfectly. I really have the perfect man for me. Everything I ever really wanted in a man, I have it. Even those things that women think no man really does, he does. Only in a dream or in your fantasies? Got it! :P 

What's the best thing about him? With everything I am, all of my being, whatever I do to be the best wife I always wanted to be...He takes notice. He praises me. He rewards me. He let's me know his happiness. He trusts me. He loves me. He hold me and cuddles me. He brags about me. He thinks of me as his Proverbs 31 wife :)

He let's me be me and loves me for me. His wife. I know he's thankful for the wife he has. & I'm thankful for the wife I have become. I know that with the spirituality I've gained since meeting Mr. B., I'm able to be the wife he needs me to be. 

What a rant :P

If you are still reading, Thanks...Sorry for the major mush. haha.

I love you, Mr. B.



Love & root beer, 

7 comments:

Melissa Enault said...

This is absolutely AMAZING!! This is my favorite part :"I love running our household and making sure everything is in order, organized, prepared, cleaned, etc...but I also love to make sure he wears the pants. Yes..he wears them, but I pick them out, wash them, mend them, iron them" I LOVE that, that is such a great quote and proof that you are an amazing wife!!

Kristen said...

Awe, thanks, Melissa!! Takes one to know one ;) You are TOO! Thank you for allowing me a moment to give myself some credit. My hubs is always telling me I don't give myself nearly enough...Sometimes I think we need to and you reminded me of that.

Queen Mom Jen said...

What a fabulous love story! Your princesses are darling!
http://www.practicallyperfectprincess.com/

Unknown said...

i so enjoyed reading this! Such wisdom!

come say hello at nichollvincent.blogspot.com

have a blessed day!

Kristen said...

Thanks, Jen!

Kristen said...

Thanks for your kind words...I'll definitely pop on over!

Anonymous said...

Kristen. This is beautiful. I can honestly say I don't feel the need to be angry with you any longer. My God the woman you have become is amazing! You have the best life! I'm jealous!! But in a good way. Wow girl. B IS awesome! Well. That's my good deed for the day. :) just popping on over to see how you've been. Looks like you're very happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...